Saturday, February 21, 2015

New Things

Since I have been a audio engineer I've known for sure that I didn't like dealing with live sound. At first I wasn't sure exactly what I didn't like about it I just knew it was a headache to me. As time progressed I found out what is was that was rubbing me the wrong way. 1) It was the genre I was listen to (Metal) 2) It was all that distortion being used in the guitar, and how loud everything was overall. My reason of not liking the loud stuff was because my ears are my money makers. If i sit around and deal with all that loud noise I can kiss away my ears lasting long. Coming into now Things have defiantly changed I have learned to adjust and adapt. Where double hearing protection while dealing with guitars with loud amps, and dealing with drums. Open yourself up to music and let it emotionally carry you. Only then when that emotion is felt can u decide if its not for you. Overall Im saying this, Don't be afraid to try new things. Doing such i found out that live sound is actually something i enjoy. Dealing with all the signal routing and outboard gear really teaches you exactly whats going on, besides just using a plug in. I will like to know What is something you didn't like at first but learned to love it? Share with us we will like to hear.

2 comments:

  1. Trying new things and thinking outside of the box in incredibly important, not only for us to gain the experience of what ever new thing we're on, but also to keep the mind fresh with new influences to only further the potential for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Tom. It is the factor of getting out your comfort zone that prevent this for some

      Delete

Thank you for taking time out and viewing my blog. Share your thoughts, Lets learn and Grow together