Saturday, January 31, 2015

The overuse and misuse of the word "Professional"


 I'm sure we all have that one friend that thinks they are a professional but in reality they aren't. Today we will discuss The misusing of the word "professional", because I believe it is thrown around to easy. Now it use to be a point in time where if some one said they was a professional, the person they was telling that 2 instantly felt a sense of security with out seeing anything to back it up. Well nowadays since it has been poorly abused when u say you are a professional people aren't really moved by it. Let's think about the word professional. A professional is a member of a  certain profession. The term also describes the standards of education and training that prepare members of the profession with the particular knowledge and skills necessary to perform the role of that profession. Now with that being said certain field require more than talent to be considered a professional. For instance in the audio field you need at least 1,000hrs.There are some people who feel you don't need a degree to "make it" or be a professional. I don't agree with that to much. I believe having some type of degree or certificate in the field you are active in, states that you where held by certain standards and you meet those standards. Let me know what you guys think about this. Do someone need a degree or certificate first in their field of interest before the can say they are a professional? Or is having hands on experience and good clout enough to be call a PROFESSIONAL

2 comments:

  1. I think that you need to have both hands on and educational experience. There are people that have natural raw talent but in order to refine, understand and gain wisdom you must learn. Only a fool thinks he can't be taught or improved upon. A person with a true desire to excel is always striving to learn and increase their knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it any better than Felicha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out and viewing my blog. Share your thoughts, Lets learn and Grow together